Today I want to share with you a super simple keto cracker recipe. Not only is it keto, but it’s also paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free and there is a vegan option as well. It’s a really basic, customizable and foolproof way to make some hearty crackers! I will provide instructions & full recipe here (plus a video tutorial) that will guide you through this easy process! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! Also, feel free to modify this to add cheese or other things that you like.
Super Easy Keto Crackers: Paleo, GF, DF
- 1 pan
- 1 parchment paper
- 1 Rolling Pin
- 1 brush for egg wash
- 1.5 c blanched almond flour https://amzn.to/39ccIUb
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Everything Bagel seasoning (optional) https://amzn.to/3Xx1Tph
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For the Egg Wash: Before beginning, take a small spoonful of the egg that was whisked and set it aside in a small bowl. Add a small amount of water & mix.
- After mixing the ingredients together, form the dough into an elongated shape. Then cut it or break it into two fairly even pieces. Take one piece, and make it into a rectangular shape and place it on a piece of parchment paper. Place another piece of parchment paper on top of it and use your rolling pin to roll it out flat. I prefer these to be extremely thin – around 2mm or less.
- While waiting for the first half to cook, you may want to wrap your second piece of dough loosely in some plastic wrap. Then, remove it and repeat the process once the first pan of crackers is done.
- Take out your little cup with the small spoonful of egg in it and add a splash of water to it & mix that with a fork. Then, take out your brush and apply the egg-wash to your crackers. Then, add any toppings you like to the crackers. If you have the Everything Bagel seasoning, now is the time to add it!
- Put it in the oven and bake it for about 7-10 minutes. Keep a close eye on it once nearing the 7 minute mark. If you see that the outermost pieces are golden or getting a bit dark, feel free to remove the pan and remove those pieces to cool. Then place the pan back in for another 3-5 minutes. If you under-cook them, they will not be crisp like crackers. Take them out when done, let them cool for a couple of minutes and then break them apart. Enjoy!
- I believe the egg can be replaced with a flax egg. I've seen others do a similar recipe without any issues. I have yet to make it but will. If you make it, let us know how it turns out in the comments below – thank you.
Nutrition Information for the Full Batch:
Total Calories: 1090
Total Carbs: 30g
Total Fat: 95g
Total Protein: 42g
Total Sodium: 676mg
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
Calories Per Serving: 68
Carbs Per Serving: 2g
Fat Per Serving: 6g
Protein Per Serving: 3g
Sodium Per Serving: 42mg
Sugar Per Serving: 0g